Here are our top ten favourite spots!
There are thousands of spots to lay out a picnic blanket and enjoy a cheerful meal at the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site. So go ahead—let nature design your dining space.
Are you in the reconstructed fortress?
- Picnic tables in the King’s Garden offer a lovely view of the reconstructed town and the harbour beyond
- The Dauphin Demi-Bastion has lots of nice, grassy spots in a quiet corner of the fortress
- Right in the corner of the King’s Bastion you will find the location of the first observatory in Canada and an unsurpassed view of the whole reconstructed town
- Settle on a bench in one of our historic gardens and enjoy the sun and the flowers
- Hike along the Ruins Walk and surround yourself with ocean and ruins as you pick your perfect spot along the coast
Feel like going on an adventure?
- Bring your picnic right to the beach at Kennington Cove, or sit at a picnic table overlooking the shore
- Lay out your blanket under the Camperdown elm tree at the Old Town Trail trailhead
- Have a seat in the red chairs on the Old Town Trail. #sharethechair
- Take in the view of Louisbourg Harbour and the fortress beyond at the picnic tables of Kennelly’s Day Use Area
- Bring your picnic along with you to the Louisbourg Lighthouse and sit overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
Purchaser will receive a voucher for the perfect picnic program. Redeem anytime from 11am to 4pm at Hotel de la Marine building on the day of your visit. At time of redemption, you will be able to choose your Perfect Picnic Program options. This program operates from June 26, 2023 to September 30, 2023.
All pre-purchases are final and no refunds will be given. Pre-purchases are valid for the date indicated with this code and must be redeemed on that date.